Monday, August 16, 2004
As seen at MakanSakan.com:
Although Seed Cafe has been in operation for some time with several branches around the city, I have never been there until Tariq and Hani recommended it.
While visiting One Utama's Lakeside Promenade stalls (nothing to shout about, better visit the ones in Bangsar Shopping Center or Mont Kiara), Farha and I decided to give Seed Cafe a try.
True enough, the food was good and the service prompt. I like its beige and creamy interior with wooden furnitures. On the tables are pots of aloe vera instead of the usual blooms one would expect.
I had the cajun chicken chop and my companion a set of make-your-own sandwiches. The portions were huge - Farha had to stomach four pieces of toast with tuna and chicken mayo, side salad and fries. The chicken I had was juicy and well marinated with a delicious cajun sauce dip and fried potato wedges on the side.
The menu covers several choices of pasta, soups, hor dourves, Japanese fusion noodles, Vietnamese beef noodles (also high recommended), Western sets, local fares and sandwiches.
Lot C25, Concourse Level, Sungei Wang Plaza, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur Tel: (603) 2148 3048 Operation Hours: Sundays to Thursdays (12pm - 12am) Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays (12pm - 1 am)
Lot R1-B, Promenade 1 Utama Shopping Centre, Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya Tel: (603) 7728 3029 Operation Hours: Sundays to Thursdays (11am - 12am)
Lot M1-14, M1-24 and M1-24A, Level 1, CitySquare Shopping Center, 108 Jln Wong Ah Fook, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor Tel: 07-2273526 Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays (11am - 1 am)
Life Is Great explores the incredible world of food and cooking. We hope to share with you our most delicious moments and inspirations.
“Just like becoming an expert in wine–you learn by drinking it, the best you can afford–you learn about great food by finding the best there is, whether simply or luxurious. The you savor it, analyze it, and discuss it with your companions, and you compare it with other experiences.”
Julia Child (Mastering the Art of French Cooking)
“Life is short. Live your dream and share your passion.”
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- Sarawak Kolo Mee
- Momofuku Milk Bar's Banana Cream Pie
- Fennel Squid-Ink Pasta with Baked Cod and the Best Chocolate Pudding
- Tarte Framboises (Raspberry Tartlets)
- Salted Egg Prawns
- Kai Tan Koh/Ji Dan Gao (Steamed Egg Cake, 鸡蛋糕)
- Char Siu (Cantonese Barbecued Pork)
- Gordon Ramsay's Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- Lemon Meringue Tart (Tarte au Citron Meringuée)
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Avocado Puree, Burnt Butter and Quail Eggs
- Hong Kong Part III
- Hong Kong Part II: Zongzi/Bakchang (粽子/肉粽)
- Caffè HABITŪ (the table) at G.O.D. Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Part I
- Australia 2010 Part 1: Melbourne
- Bourke Street Bakery, Sydney
- Il Fornaio, St Kilda
- Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne