Sunday, August 22, 2004
As seen at MakanSakan.com:
Well known for its Spanish cuisine and Tapas bar, La Bodega also offers a delectable breakfast menu at its Deli outlet. By 9.30 a.m. on a Saturday morning, it was fully booked and TBC got its seats al fresco before it was too late.
Najah and Zarina both ordered their combinations of English Breakfast while an equally starving PY got herself a Big Breakfast, an OJ and a triple espresso. The Big Breakfast set is fixed and complete with chicken frankfurters, beef bacon, baked beans and a choice from three variations of eggs - scrambled, omelette or poached.
The English Breakfast offers several options and is served with toast, tomatoes, choices of coffee and fresh juice. Not to be missed is the sauteed mushroom, which can be ordered separately if it one is not hungry enough to have its breakfast sets (lunch may be skipped as the sets are really huge).
Be forewarned though that pancakes and waffles are to be avoided as Ash's ice cream waffle did arrive almost cold and soggy. Also available at the Deli are main courses for lunch, a selection of cheeses and freshly baked bread and an extensive range of sandwiches.
La Bodega Tapas, 16 Jalan Telawi Dua, Bangsar Baru 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603 2287 8318 Fax : 603 2287 6318
Life Is Great explores the incredible world of food and cooking. We hope to share with you our most delicious moments and inspirations.
“Just like becoming an expert in wine–you learn by drinking it, the best you can afford–you learn about great food by finding the best there is, whether simply or luxurious. The you savor it, analyze it, and discuss it with your companions, and you compare it with other experiences.”
Julia Child (Mastering the Art of French Cooking)
“Life is short. Live your dream and share your passion.”
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- Sarawak Kolo Mee
- Momofuku Milk Bar's Banana Cream Pie
- Fennel Squid-Ink Pasta with Baked Cod and the Best Chocolate Pudding
- Tarte Framboises (Raspberry Tartlets)
- Salted Egg Prawns
- Kai Tan Koh/Ji Dan Gao (Steamed Egg Cake, 鸡蛋糕)
- Char Siu (Cantonese Barbecued Pork)
- Gordon Ramsay's Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- Lemon Meringue Tart (Tarte au Citron Meringuée)
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Avocado Puree, Burnt Butter and Quail Eggs
- Hong Kong Part III
- Hong Kong Part II: Zongzi/Bakchang (粽子/肉粽)
- Caffè HABITŪ (the table) at G.O.D. Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Part I
- Australia 2010 Part 1: Melbourne
- Bourke Street Bakery, Sydney
- Il Fornaio, St Kilda
- Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne