Life is Great

The Delicious Appreciations of Pick Yin

Not exactly predictable.
Has enough brains for codes
(but can be completely clueless on other more important matters).
Likes her Joe (and her man?) black, her chocolate dark and her food spicy.
“Quam bene vivas refert, non quam diu.” — Seneca

Total Posts   191      Last Updated   23 November 2015 12:00 PM (GMT +8)

Monday, December 01, 2003


About



At the very least


Adventures from a small Singaporean HDB kitchen.


That's It?


Oh, collectively, we love chocolate, comfort food, lots of chicken and meat, local hawker fares and ice creams. Our inspirations are drawn from everyday cravings for not necessarily healthy deliciousness, love for good food, new recipes from the Internet, great works from renowned chefs, travels, cravings from friends and family, and of course, fresh ingredients.


The Author


Pick Yin is a Malaysian woman working and living in Singapore.

She loves to cook, bake and most importantly, eat. Her favorite room in her shoebox flat is her kitchen. She can spend the entire day there and not miss a thing. What makes her day?

A bowl of wanton soup noodles, a piece (or two) of moist chocolate cake, a piece of fried chicken, a bowl of lychees, a warm salad with pine nuts and perhaps a big fat slab of steak.



When she is not cooking, she's involved with a certain German enterprise technology. People tell her she should be a chef and/or open a bakery, and quit her day job. She's trying to make peace with those sort of comments here. The dream lives on.


The Partner in Crime


Vijay is the author's permanent taste tester, occasional but extremely detailed dishwasher, trash organizer and lead food photographer.

He loves anything cheese, burgers, Hokkien noodle, coffee, Chinese fried rice, chicken rice, Muscat, foie gras and chicken curry. He despises most fruits and doesn't eat beef. Most of the time he gets shooed out of the kitchen unless needed for passing utensils, tasting, cleaning up, sprinkling flour on the counter or taking great pictures.



However, on many occasions, he cooks, very well too. He doesn't sugar coat reviews for the food of yours truly. Certain standards are to be maintained since he is after all, also a Malaysian.


Life is Great



Photos of food in recipe posts can be used with permission. Contact us through the comment section or drop us a mail. We'd love to hear from you.



11 Comments on About

Cute about introduction

Posted by Blogger vuvie, at Apr 26, 2012, 10:04:00 AM  

Thanks for contributing your straits of malacca recipe - It's certainly a " Life Saver" for one who misses SIN/MY cusine in NZ.

Will be tryin your recipes ! ^^

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at May 1, 2012, 10:43:00 AM  

I'm so glad I stumbled upon our blog - via one other blog and then 2 pinterest boards! Love that your blog features both Asian and european/western recipes. Yours is an awesome blog to be following - very inspiring photos and posts! :-)

Posted by Blogger Shirleen @ Sugar and Spice, at May 10, 2012, 8:06:00 PM  

Hi My name is Yujin.

I invited few friends over to our place for dinner. and the theme was "Taste of Thai" ^^

I needed to find a perfect recipe for peanut sauce. after some googling I found your blog, and simply fell in love with your blog.

I love the recipes, the presentation, and most of all the photos~~ are so amazing.

I also have a blog ( which I write in Korean.) So I understand how hard can be taking photos during cooking. I also love spending my time in the kitchen.
Your blog makes me feel like I want to cook now too ^^

anyway, Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful peanut sauce. it was a big hit! they all loved it!

Happy cooking~!!

Posted by Blogger yujin fisher, at May 20, 2012, 11:45:00 AM  

Hi! I think you have an AMAZING blog. I love coming back here again and again for the photos and the stories. I nominated you for a blog award, just for fun! :)

It's here: http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/

-Clarisse @ TheTummyTrain.wordpress.com

Posted by Anonymous Clarisse@TheTummyTrain, at Jun 15, 2012, 9:27:00 PM  

Just found your blog, and as someone who is a very poor cook, take it as a great compliment when I say your posts really make me want to cook! Your food looks amazing, and I plan on trying most of your recipes.

Posted by Anonymous Elise, at Aug 16, 2012, 1:26:00 AM  

From one Malaysian to another, your blog is a delightful find :)
impressed by all that photography. salivating!

Posted by Blogger i am missmobilicious, at Sep 8, 2012, 4:11:00 PM  

Hi

I had a hard time converting some of your recipes to metric system. Would you kindly include the ingredient measurements in metric as well?

Thanks
Emily

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Sep 25, 2012, 3:08:00 PM  

Emily: For most baking ingredients such as flour and sugars, you can find the conversions online. Whenever possible I will include both metric and US customary units.

Posted by Blogger PickYin, at Sep 27, 2012, 1:20:00 PM  

Hi,

I had to bake a cake for my cake decorating class and a friend gave me a recipe from you. Thank goodness for that!

I had trouble finding the right recipe but thanks to your blog/recipes, I was able to produce the "perfect" cake!

Your are the best!

Thank you.
Doreen

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at May 1, 2013, 7:13:00 PM  

My first impression is WOW! I must say your recipe works and your photography skills is GOOD!

Keep up the good work!
:)

Posted by Anonymous Malcolm, at Aug 17, 2013, 2:22:00 PM  


Post a Comment