Monday, April 05, 2004
During our little 'unplanned' girly outing last Saturday, we shared a banana split from at Chocz. Yes, yes I realize now I have more than a few post flaunting this joint but I will not stop just yet, heh...
The waitress actually asked if I would like my 'regular' that day. Someone mentioned they better start paying us bloggers advertising fees. Hmmm...
Back to the banana split now.
It is the usual deal of fresh banana slices with vanilla, strawberry and chocolate ice-cream topped with cream, roasted nuts and warm chocolate sauce. The ice-cream used by Chocz. is by Mövenpick and I attest that it is of good quality. The taste of each flavour is rich and satisfying.
For those who cannot wait to devour this, drop by at the place or make your own. Fische is right, we are blogging so much about food it is probably time to set up a shared blog or "flog" as some may coin it.
Addendum: Chocz. also serves Mövenpick ice-creams by the scoop in a tall martini glass. Available flavours are vanilla (with actual traces of black crushed vanilla beans!), chocolate, strawberry, maple walnut and macadamia dulce. These are not for the faint-hearted, one can skip a meal by having just two scoops.
Life Is Great explores the incredible world of food and cooking. We hope to share with you our most delicious moments and inspirations.
“Just like becoming an expert in wine–you learn by drinking it, the best you can afford–you learn about great food by finding the best there is, whether simply or luxurious. The you savor it, analyze it, and discuss it with your companions, and you compare it with other experiences.”
Julia Child (Mastering the Art of French Cooking)
“Life is short. Live your dream and share your passion.”
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- Sarawak Kolo Mee
- Momofuku Milk Bar's Banana Cream Pie
- Fennel Squid-Ink Pasta with Baked Cod and the Best Chocolate Pudding
- Tarte Framboises (Raspberry Tartlets)
- Salted Egg Prawns
- Kai Tan Koh/Ji Dan Gao (Steamed Egg Cake, 鸡蛋糕)
- Char Siu (Cantonese Barbecued Pork)
- Gordon Ramsay's Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- Lemon Meringue Tart (Tarte au Citron Meringuée)
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Avocado Puree, Burnt Butter and Quail Eggs
- Hong Kong Part III
- Hong Kong Part II: Zongzi/Bakchang (粽子/肉粽)
- Caffè HABITŪ (the table) at G.O.D. Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Part I
- Australia 2010 Part 1: Melbourne
- Bourke Street Bakery, Sydney
- Il Fornaio, St Kilda
- Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne