Friday, December 30, 2011
2011 has been fun for us.
Talking so much about food not only brought us knowledge and growth in creativity but priceless new friendships and experiences we'd probably miss had it not been for this humble space. We hope you had as much good times as we did and didn't gain as many dress size as I.
Update 31/12/2011: Click on the individual photos to go to the recipes posted this year.
Thank you for spending time here and putting up with my crappy comment feature. Thank you for trying out the recipes, bearing with things not working out perfectly and not giving up trying again. Thank you for putting up with my silly questions and endless kitchen dramas.
I have grand plans for the year to come - one of them is being able to fit into my old clothes again but don't worry, I'm not going to rain on you any green salad, mushy soup and flourless cake recipes anytime soon. I'm sure you have your set of schemes to complete in the next 12 months.
In any case, we wish you Happy New Year, here's to a better one in 2012!
Life Is Great explores the incredible world of food and cooking. We hope to share with you our most delicious moments and inspirations.
“Just like becoming an expert in wine–you learn by drinking it, the best you can afford–you learn about great food by finding the best there is, whether simply or luxurious. The you savor it, analyze it, and discuss it with your companions, and you compare it with other experiences.”
Julia Child (Mastering the Art of French Cooking)
“Life is short. Live your dream and share your passion.”
- Blood Orange Chiffon Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Rose Levy Beranbaum's Basic Brioche
- Meyer Lemon Bars
- (A Better) Chocolate Chiffon Cake
- Tiramisu Cake (Encore)
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- Sarawak Kolo Mee
- Momofuku Milk Bar's Banana Cream Pie
- Fennel Squid-Ink Pasta with Baked Cod and the Best Chocolate Pudding
- Tarte Framboises (Raspberry Tartlets)
- Hong Kong Part III
- Hong Kong Part II: Zongzi/Bakchang (粽子/肉粽)
- Caffè HABITŪ (the table) at G.O.D. Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Part I
- Australia 2010 Part 1: Melbourne
- Bourke Street Bakery, Sydney
- Il Fornaio, St Kilda
- Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne