Life is Great

The Delicious Appreciations of Pick Yin

Not exactly predictable.
Has enough brains for codes
(but can be completely clueless on other more important matters).
Likes her Joe (and her man?) black, her chocolate dark and her food spicy.
“Quam bene vivas refert, non quam diu.” — Seneca

Total Posts   191      Last Updated   23 November 2015 12:00 PM (GMT +8)

Friday, December 30, 2011


Thank You



2011 has been fun for us.

Talking so much about food not only brought us knowledge and growth in creativity but priceless new friendships and experiences we'd probably miss had it not been for this humble space. We hope you had as much good times as we did and didn't gain as many dress size as I.



Update 31/12/2011: Click on the individual photos to go to the recipes posted this year.


Thank you for spending time here and putting up with my crappy comment feature. Thank you for trying out the recipes, bearing with things not working out perfectly and not giving up trying again. Thank you for putting up with my silly questions and endless kitchen dramas.

I have grand plans for the year to come - one of them is being able to fit into my old clothes again but don't worry, I'm not going to rain on you any green salad, mushy soup and flourless cake recipes anytime soon. I'm sure you have your set of schemes to complete in the next 12 months.

In any case, we wish you Happy New Year, here's to a better one in 2012!


12 Comments on Thank You

That cake on the 3rd row 3rd column looks very very very intriguing.... What is it? :D

Posted by Anonymous shelvia, at Feb 1, 2012, 10:57:00 AM  

shelvia: That's actually not a cake but the Tangzhong Brioche, if you're referring to the piece with some jam on top. I'll try to link all the photos to their recipes when I... errr, have more time.

Posted by Blogger PickYin, at Feb 1, 2012, 10:58:00 AM  

Happy new year! Lovely collage of your 2011 food photos! You ought to be proud of yourself! I wish I have a nice photo from every recipe like you!

Posted by Anonymous Mrs Ergül, at Feb 1, 2012, 10:59:00 AM  

Discovering your blog was certainly an eye-opener for me. I found someone who enjoys cooking and sharing and most importantly great pics. Not to mention, the absence of adverts is a welcome...(sorry to the prof bloggers). Keep up the good work and many good wishes for the new year!

Posted by Anonymous lina_to_u, at Feb 1, 2012, 10:59:00 AM  

So many beautiful cakes!

Thanks for sharing them with us and good luck for the New Year.

xx

Posted by Anonymous Bailey Ana, at Feb 1, 2012, 11:00:00 AM  

Using this collage to recap and take stock of 2011 is a brilliant idea! Now I am tempted to do the same... :D

Happy New Year to you and Vijay!

Posted by Anonymous shirley@kokken69, at Feb 1, 2012, 11:00:00 AM  

Gorgeous photos, happy new year! Here's to a fabulous 2012 :D

Posted by Anonymous thelittleloaf, at Feb 1, 2012, 11:00:00 AM  



Pei Lin: Don't be silly. You have good photos and I like that you even print them out to display. Happy New Year dear!

lina_to_u: Thank you! I just remembered I should check the sugee cake recipe for you. Arrrrgghhhh! I will get to it. I was contemplating ads at one point but then dumped the idea because the traffic I get is just not worth 'selling out'. :D

Bailey Ana: Thank you, wish you a good 2012!

Shirley: This is not a new idea, it's been done to death and I was just bored. That said, I got a little nostalgic while going through all the old posts. You should do yours, so many good recipes!

thelittleloaf: Thank you, Happy New Year to you too!

Posted by Blogger PickYin, at Feb 1, 2012, 11:01:00 AM  

Wow, you posted a lot of awesome food this year. And with great photography on top of that.
I have a gallery of things that I like here: http://www.zencancook.com/zenspotting/ I haven't promoted yet so it will literally bring you no traffic but I would appreciate if you submitted your favorite recipes in the future (or from the past). I'd like it to be a tastespotting for the hardcore. And I think you're hardcore. :D

Posted by Anonymous zenchef, at Feb 1, 2012, 11:02:00 AM  

Thanks Stephane, you and I both.

Wow, I'm a hardcore? I like the compliment, coming from a real hardcore - will submit my favorites in future. I'm still dreaming of the day I can eat some of your food.

Happy New Year to you too, here's to a kicking one!

Posted by Blogger PickYin, at Feb 1, 2012, 11:02:00 AM  

Happy New Year Pick Yin! :D

Posted by Anonymous Swee San, at Feb 1, 2012, 11:02:00 AM  

Thanks Swee San, happy new year to you too!

Posted by Blogger PickYin, at Feb 1, 2012, 11:03:00 AM  


Post a Comment