Life is Great

The Delicious Appreciations of Pick Yin

Not exactly predictable.
Has enough brains for codes
(but can be completely clueless on other more important matters).
Likes her Joe (and her man?) black, her chocolate dark and her food spicy.
“Quam bene vivas refert, non quam diu.” — Seneca

Total Posts   191      Last Updated   23 November 2015 12:00 PM (GMT +8)

Wednesday, January 26, 2011


Guest Post at Rasa Malaysia: World Peace Cookies


By now you are probably aware of my affinity with all things chocolate. Even the New York cheesecake got chocolate swaddling over the top of it. It's only befitting that I share with you now the best chocolate cookie, ever.



I excitedly went on and on about the recipe with my friend Najah after finding it at Deb's Smitten Kitchen. She warned me that one recipe yields only a small batch of cookie - it won't be enough for us. So one fine weekend I chopped, mixed, rolled, chilled, waited, waited some more, cut and baked, only to end up regretting not doubling the dough after popping three of these peace bringing war mongering dark gems into my mouth.




Vijay counted the cookies in our forlornly half-filled cookie jar and estimated they will be gone in two days. "Two days?!" I exclaimed. "You just ate three." he pointed out. "Aaarrrrgghhhhhh!"




So I sat down, with another cookie melting in my mouth, to carefully chart out my Chinese New Year cookie baking schedule, adding a double batch of these into it. While the schedule looked bleak and would cause me to lose more than a few winks of sleep, I didn't see another option. This is the chocolate cookie I want need alongside the pineapple tarts, peanut cookies, love letters and dragon cookies.



I made these again last night (twice the amount of course!) just as Rasa Malaysia's Bee published my guest post of the recipe in her amazing blog. I discovered Rasa Malaysia when Najah first attempted to fry her own Char Kuey Teow and found many recipes to be immediately bookmarked, including the afore mentioned pineapple tarts. (Thanks Bee!) Do hop over to find out how you can fill your cookie jar with this Pierre Hermé creation.



Now I will leave you with this.



It's not the only way you should savor the cookie but I must say it is indeed the best way to do it!




6 Comments on Guest Post at Rasa Malaysia: World Peace Cookies

Pickyin, I am bookmarking this! Your cookies look so evenly sized! You can open shop already! Eh, I have the same red floral bowl! :)

Posted by Anonymous shirley@kokken69, at Feb 2, 2012, 5:03:00 PM  

Shirley: I rolled the logs in between a piece of parchment. That helped to get even shaped cookies. I can't open shop because I'm very slow, will hardly make any money. :D

The bowls are pretty right? Damn expensive though...

Posted by Blogger PickYin, at Feb 2, 2012, 5:03:00 PM  

World peace cookies are one of my favourites ... and the way you've presented them here make me want to go make a batch right now! Love the second-last photo - beautiful photography. Love your site!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Feb 2, 2012, 5:03:00 PM  

I would like to bake these cookies but cannot find the recipe on this page. Has it been taken off for some reason?

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous, at Feb 29, 2012, 7:59:00 PM  

Anon: You can find the recipe at my guest post for Rasa Malaysia as per mentioned in this post. Happy baking!

Posted by Blogger PickYin, at Mar 1, 2012, 11:15:00 AM  

Nice post and coohies photos, you for sharing.........


Home Chocolate Factory

Posted by Blogger Unknown, at Oct 31, 2013, 3:05:00 PM  


Post a Comment